Dr Loreto (Loren) Rose
BSc (Hons) MBBS (Hons) FRANZCO
Dr. Rose enjoys treating all general eye conditions in adults and children, including cataract and squint surgery. She is a VMO at Bankstown Hospital with a specialty paediatric ophthalmology clinic, and performs surgery in both adults and children. Additional admitting rights include Westmead Private Hospital and Macquarie University Hospital. She is a Clinical Lecturer at Macquarie University.
Dr. Loren Rose completed her medical degree from the University of Sydney, graduating with MBBS (Honours). Prior to that, she completed a Bachelor of Science from the University of Sydney, graduating with Honours (Class I) in Visual Neuroscience. At Sydney University, Dr Rose continued with her interest in Visual Neuroscience and subsequently published in peer reviewed literature. She also has a strong interest in teaching which she pursued in her capacity as a physiology tutor at Sydney University, and as VMO in Bankstown Hospital. She is current a supervisor of Ophthalmology trainees both in her rooms and the hospitals she works in.
Dr. Rose completed her internship and residency at Concord General Hospital, NSW, and her ophthalmic training at the Royal Eye and Ear Hospital in Victoria. Following this, she underwent a Fellowship in Paediatric ophthalmology at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. Dr Rose speaks fluent Spanish.
- Rose L.V.T, Rose NT, Elder JE, Thorburn DR, Boneh A. Ophthalmological manifestations in oxidative phosphorylation disorders of childhood. Pediatr. Neurol. 2008;38(6),395-397
- Rose, L.V.T., Elder, J. Management of Congenital elevation deficiency due to congenital third nerve palsy and monocular elevation deficiency. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. 2007;35:840-846
- Rose, L.V.T., Zamir, E. Reversible anterior segment ischaemia after carotid endarterectomy. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. 2007:35:94-95
- Rose, L.V.T., Moshegov, C. Comparison of the Zeiss IOLMaster and A scan Ultrasound:biometry for intraocular lens calculation. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. 2003;31:121-124
- FitzGibbon, T., Tevah, L.V. and Sefton, A.J. Connections between the Reticular nucleus of the thalamus and Pulvinar-Lateralis Posterior Complex: a WGA-HRP study. J. Comp. Neurology. 1995; 363:489-504
- FitzGibbon, T., Tevah, L.V. and Sefton, A.J. Photic responses of the lateral geniculate nucleus can be used as a stereotaxic guide for micropipette placement. J. Neuroscience methods. 1995; 56:17-20